Five Reasons To Read This Essay by Mark O’Connell:
1) Lists are why the internet exists, after porn.
2) All those short little tweets are zapping your ability to follow longer, more thoughtful arguments. Read this essay and fight back.
3) Once you begin reading, a strange magnetism of the pointless will assert itself. No, wait, sorry - that’s not a reason to read the essay. That’s actually a paraphrase of Mark O’Connell himself, explaining why we’re all slaves to The List. But you should read the essay because it’s full of sly, well-stated observations like that one.
4) I checked Buzzfeed and it all looks pretty uninspired today, so what else are you going to do?
5) And Twitter will still be there when you get done.
SPREAD THE DAMN WORD
THAT WAS COOL
My hands are too small to do this effectively.
I wish I wasn’t iPod
if you’re on ipod you just hold down the reblog button
wtf just happened??
Why did I not know about this???
Really are you kidding me
You realize holding ONE Alt does the same. No need for both.
Yeah…we have a Hulk.
INK. By me.
Kitty and Lockheed